Saturday, August 27, 2011

A few semi-related questions

A couple of questions came to my mind while working tonight.

1)  How would a steampunk confectioner dress?  I've seen the airship steampunk, the adventurer steampunk, the amazing weaponry steampunk, and the guy with goggles on a top hat and lots of pocket watches sewn to his clothing steampunk.  What kinds of things would a steampunk confectioner wear?

2)  What time period am I actually looking for?  I know I said "Victorian" candy, but what is "Victorian"?  Another Google search . . . the "Victorian era" was from 20 June 1837 until Queen Victoria's death on 22 January 1901.  Therefore, I need to look for candies created and/or eaten during the second part of the 19th century.  Then I need to figure out how to make them steamy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.