Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Redacting Victorian Gumdrops, oops

Oops.  While cleaning out my storage locker, I made a discovery.  Back in March I purchased some gum arabic to use in the making of incense, which I never did.  Guess what I found today?  A bag of certified organic gum arabic.  I had some all along but did not remember it.  To make a short story long, I am going to check with the seller, Mountain Rose Herbs, to see if this is safe to use for culinary purposes.

Their website, where the product is called Acacia Powder, says the following:  "Safe for internal use as a food and for external use without limitation, although allergies are possible for people exposed to windborne pollen."  It IS safe to use for cooking (Yeah!), but I need to let people know about potential pollen allergies.

I am wondering if I can get a test batch made this weekend or not.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.