Monday, September 5, 2011

Change of heart


Since I found a Library of Congress date in the Common Sense book, I thought I would check for one in the Home Candy Making book I am questioning.  There is an actually copyright date of 1889.  The reprint is supposed to be a direct scan of the original rather than a re-typeset edition.  To satisfy my morbid OCD, I will find out when copyright came into existence.  My research should determine it was between 1871 and 1889.  If that is does turn out to be the case, I will have to take the Home Candy Making book as a Victorian source.

Well, there were copyright laws in the US since 1790.  So I now have one book that was only registered with the Library of Congress and another that was copyrighted but not registered with the Library of Congress.  To hell with this; I want to make candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.