Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Huzzah, or the Victorian equivalent!

I was just researching granite saucepans, because it would be cool to do the recipes just like the Victorians.  Well, my research indicates that granite saucepan is not a saucepan made of granite.  It is what they called enameled cast iron due to the speckled patterns in the enamel that made it look granite-like.  I thought enameled cast iron might not hold up to the high temperatures of candy making, so I didn't even think of using my enameled cast iron.  That means, I HAVE THE RIGHT PAN!  Okay, it isn't a saucepan; it's a casserole.  However, I should be able to use it just like a saucepan.  It will just be very difficult to pour.  That means I am one step closer to actual candy making!  Now, on to "how to cool my apartment" problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.